EAU CLAIRE – December 4, 2018 – Located under the tall pines and hardwoods in northwestern Wisconsin, the Blue Ox Music Festival welcomes thousands of bluegrass, roots, and Americana music fans to the heart of Paul Bunyan country every summer.
The 5th Annual Blue Ox Music Festival will take place June 13, 14, 15, 2019 at Whispering Pines Campground in the beautiful Northwoods of Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
The Blue Ox Music Festival is proud to announce its 2019 Lineup – featuring award-winning artists and offering an exceptional experience for the true music festival fan.
Blue Ox was founded in 2015, with the vision of an intimate music and camping experience focused on roots, Americana, and bluegrass genres. The three-day festival is a unique chance to see, listen, and be a part of an environment with so many notable artists in one intimate venue setting. The Blue Ox Music Festival fosters a wonderful sense of artistic community and has become a cornerstone of the cultural renaissance movement in the Eau Claire area.
Blue Ox Music Festival at Whispering Pines Campground boasts 100 acres of mature forest and park-like lawns with music presented on three distinct stages, (Main stage, Saloon stage, Late Night stage). Fun cultural events take place throughout the festival grounds, including artist workshops, morning yoga, and kids stages with activities. The variety of quality local artisan food and beverage vendors offers something delicious for everyone to enjoy.
Camping accommodations include spaces for RVs, reserved family and quiet camping, and for those who wish to just arrive at the festival, enjoy and lay their head– there are “glamping” options. New this upcoming year– Blue Ox will soon be offering a new option for different tier hotel + ticket packages, which include shuttles to and from the festival from select Eau Claire hotels. For more information, please visit www.blueoxmusicfestival.com.
The 2019 Blue Ox is committed to honoring great musical tradition, with multi-Grammy Award-winning artists, Del McCoury Band and Sam Bush, as well as featuring newer artists like, The Dead South and Billy Strings.
Pert Near Sandstone will host the Blue Ox Music Festival for the fifth landmark year, in addition to performing for two nights. The release of Pert Near Sandstone’s new album, Live at Blue Ox 2018, contains 20 tracks from their performance at the Blue Ox Music Festival this past summer. You can stream or download Live at Blue Ox 2018 for free at Spotify and Apple Music.
This year’s first-time performing artists include, Trampled by Turtles, The Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas, The Dead South, Peter Rowan’s Carter Stanley’s Eyes, Sarah Shook & The Disarmers, The Larry Keel Experience, David Huckfelt, Cascade Crescendo, Dusty Heart, The People Brothers Band, The Wooks, Feeding LeRoy, and Grassfed. See the 2019 Blue Ox Music Festival Poster for more details.
The 2019 Blue Ox Music Festival Lineup features outstanding artists:
- The Infamous Stringdusters – 2018 Grammy Award winner for Bluegrass Album of the Year.
- Billy Strings – “Instrumentalist of the Year” by the prestigious International Bluegrass Music Association during its Momentum Awards show that took place during World of Bluegrass.
- Trampled By Turtles – The Americana roots band from Duluth, Minnesota has a cult following in Blue Ox country. They have released eight full albums, three of which have reached US Billboard number one spots.
- The Earls of Leicester featuring Jerry Douglas – Their eponymous debut album earned a GrammyAward for Best Bluegrass Album in 2015.
- Charlie Parr – The “great contemporary country blues artist manages a trick of sly self-portraiture in his latest album, Dog”. Derek Trucks’ “favorite new guitar player”, is on tour with Tedeschi Trucks Band now.
- Peter Rowan – One of Bill Monroe’s “Bluegrass Boys”, he is the founder of Old & In The Way with Jerry Garcia, David Grisman, Richard Greene, and John Kahn. Grammy Award winner for, True Life Blues: The Songs of Bill Monroe.
- Del McCoury Band – As an elder statesman of the bluegrass genre– Del McCoury has received accolades as a member of the Bluegrass Hall of Fame, The Grand Ole Opry, and as a multi-Grammy Award winner.
- Sam Bush – The “father of newgrass”, say many of today’s biggest acts in bluegrass, newgrass, Americana and the jam-band scene owe a debt of gratitude to Bush. His tenacity to create and experiment has yielded 10 critically acclaimed albums. In addition to three Grammy Awards, Sam Bush received the Americana Music Association Lifetime Achievement for Instrumentalist. The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) named Sam Bush Mandolin Player of the Year four times, in 1990, 1991, 1992, and 2007.
Ticket prices for the 2019 Blue Ox Music Festival will increase on Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 11:59PM. Fans are encouraged to buy their tickets before Wednesday, December 12, 2018 in order to take advantage of the best prices available to date. Tickets are going fast, so please join us at the Blue Ox Music Festival on June 13, 14, 15, 2019 – for three days of phenomenal music and camping in a family friendly, intimate atmosphere.
Media/Photos: Copyright- SCOTIFY STUDIOS
See You There….