It’s here. The first Midwestern Gentleman Bubble Hockey Tournament will bring together a field of 16 competitors to Second Best Detroit, for a 1v1, single elimination tourney and a chance to win the Stanley Gulp Trophy.
What: The MWG Bubble Hockey Tournament
When: Wednesday, May 1st – 6:30 pm
Where: Second Best Detroit, 42 Watson St, Detroit, MI 48201
Why: Fun. Drink Specials. Bragging Rights.
- Have fun. Be cool. – We know it can get competitive, go with the flow, have some fun!
- Single Elimination – Games will last ~5 minutes, no ties, winner moves on.
- Sides – each match will start with a coin toss for the person to choose their side (person on top of the match in bracket)
- No Tilts – unless the puck is stuck, to which the referees will provide assistance
- No Stalling – work to get the puck off a player in under 5 seconds (even on the center forward)
- Spinning/Distracting – Players are permitted to spin their ‘guy’ for a maximum of one second per instance. ‘Guy’ cannot be moved rapidly from side to side in order to distract or shake the surface of the table.
- Goals – Only goals registered by the machine count, if you go bar downski and it pops out, the puck is still in play.
- Final Score* – a player can win by a single goal either at the end of regulation or in a sudden death after the end of the third period (if the end of regulation is a tie). We know the table will keep the puck in play after regulation, we will go by score, not the machine. Game ending will be noted by the flashing red light.
- When you arrive – Check-In with the MWG team, will have black MWG sweatshirts on and a Two-Hearted Ale in hand.
*Game Start Times are estimated, be sure to be there early enough to not miss out!
Updates every minute – View full tournament
The Winner: The Stanley Gulp (Ceremony)